Know All About Web Applications including its benefits and working
Web applications are the new trend of the technology industry. Now, entities have changed their ways from websites and applications to web applications. It is a modern trending requirement, which has created a high buzz in the marketplace. Apart from this, it enhances the communication process between businesses and customers.
There are major reasons that attract enterprises towards web application development. It is easy to manage as compared to the websites and developers require the same code in the entire application. Also, supports all major platforms which includes Windows, Linux, and Mac. Furthermore, it doesn’t require any update.
In this blog, let’s know about these internet enabled web applications in detail with its advantages and working. In order to leverage all the benefits of web application development, partner with a web application development company.
What is Web Applications?
According to Wikipedia, “Web application (or web app) is application software that runs on a web server, unlike computer-based software programs that are stored locally on the Operating System (OS) of the device. Web applications are accessed by the user through a web browser with an active internet connection. These applications are programmed using a client–server modeled structure — the user (“client”) is provided services through an off-site server that is hosted by a third-party. Examples of commonly-used web applications include: web-mail, online retail sales, online banking, and online auctions.”
Top Reasons that why should you opt for Web Applications?
- With web applications, developers don’t have to put high efforts with the technical aspects such as coding. It is easy to manage and there are no issues regarding compatibility.
- It supports all major platforms such as Linux, Windows, and Mac. Apart from this, it also supports modern browsers.
- Web applications are not dependent for any approval
- These solutions can be launched at any time and in any form. Owners are not dependent on the pre marketing strategy. They are free to launch it as per their preferences.
- Users can have access all time to this platform and any time without any hassle, they only require high connectivity based internet.
- The major reason that developers used to attract it is users can access it with their mobile devices as well as any desktop. They are not limited as they can only leverage the features with Smartphones or PC. They can use the web apps from multiple platforms.
- Finally, users don’t have to download or install the applications.
These were the major reasons that enterprises should opt for web application development. Furthermore, let’s know its characteristics and working.
Characteristics of Web Applications
- Cloud Hosted
- Highly Scalable
- Modular and loosely coupled
- Supports high testing process as well as provide full support for the automated testing
Now, know more about Web Application with its best examples
Top Examples of Web Applications
- Word processors
- Instant messaging services — Gmail and Yahoo
- Google DOCs
- Google Sheets
How does a web application Works?
Step 1 — To use the web application, users have to create a request to the web server with internet connection.
Step 2 — Web server receives the request and sends it to the web app server.
Step 3- After receiving the request the web application server executes the requested task and after that generates the final outcome of the required information.
Step 4 — Web application server sends the results back to the web server which has requested for the information
Step 5 — Web server carries the requested information to the client( tablet, mobile device, and desktop)
Step 6 — Requested information used to appear on the user’s display.
Web application development is in high demand and now enterprises are switching their ways towards it. It offers several benefits to the users. In this blog, we have mentioned why companies should opt for web applications and also have mentioned how it works.